Thursday, October 26, 2006

the midterm

I took the 5:30 to 7 pm section for the midterm and wasn't at all surprised by what was on it. I don't find the particles and the way they are used within the context of a sentence to be difficult. However, it is the listening comprehension which always gets me. Maybe it is because most of us aren't used to such great amounts of dialogue at once. When it comes to the listening, I know the material but when it comes down to making a choice, I doubt myself and the conversation words get intermingled in my head. My friends who took the same test felt the same way. Perhaps all we need is more practice.

1 comment:

yukki said...

おはようございます。

I felt the same way when I took TOEFL (English exam for non-native speakers) years ago. Choices were so tricky that I couldn't trust my judgement. As I practiced talking with my friends and watching TV in English, I think my listening comprehension improved (but these days, I don't speak English much, so my English is getting worse!). So, as you wrote, you just need to get used to listening to dialogues in Japanese. Language lab materials are good ones to start with. クラスでれんしゅう (practice) しましょうか (when we have time...).